Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Not so safe in my arms…

“You don’t ever have to work again,” I told her as she cried and held me tight. “Go get in my car. Lock the doors.”

I walked up to the son of a bitch and grabbed him by his shirt collar tightly enough that he weased from lack of breath.

“Don’t mess with pestilence,” I said standing over him imposingly. “I can consume you with one gulf.”

“Fuck you bitch,” He replied as he tried to push me away.

I grabbed him closer as his shirt started to rip.

“You have a problem with English, don’t you?” I said. “I don’t play with little fuckers like you.”

“Man, take a chill pill,” He decreed. “I just thought those bitches were cute.”

I cringed at him calling my girl and Debra a bitch. The testosterone flowed freely. By this time, Debra, Carolyn’s co-worker, had called the police. They showed up and checked all our ID’s. Mr. Dingle berry got taken off for a failure to appear warrant.

“From now on, let the police handle such matters,” The sergeant on duty told me with a scolding air as he got back in his car to leave.

I nodded in compliance and then walked over to my car to check on Carolyn as I checked the many scratches on my arms.

“That’s the same son of a bitch I have been complaining to you about,” She said as she cried. “He comes in and watches us.”

“I know,” I said. “He is gone now. He won’t be back. I promise you that.”

3 comments:

2 The World U R 1 Person, 2 1 Person U R The World said...

Oh My. This is so sad. I cringed for Carolyn and Debra. I told you I've had to deal with creeps before.
While the police were right, you should have let them deal with it..... I cheered inside for you. There's something about a man standing up for his woman that melts my heart. Or a man standing up for any woman as well. For personal reasons. I've had men do NOTHING in regards to my honor, and it made me feel worthless. I've had men stand idly by and let the creeps continue their imtimidation. I've also been abandoned by 2 male friends while creeps continued following my female friend and I home. Our male friends just simply walked away when they saw the gun.
I'm so sorry for Carolyn. I hope she's ok.
Liz

abbagirl74 said...

Holy shit. Thank goodness you were there. What a wild night. You go boy!!!!!!!!!!!

Summer said...

How is she tonight?