Friday, August 17, 2007

A Pocket $80 Dollars Lighter

Took Maggie to the Veterinarian late this afternoon for her annual checkup and shots. She did pretty well except for the shots when she urinated all over the examining table and herself. She was shaking like a leaf. Rosa elected to stay home as she didn't want to see Maggie getting pricked with those needles. The damage? $80 dollars, but I don't begrudge Maggie for the money spent. I would rather her be healthy and happy.

Had a slip up after the vet visit. I took Rosa home and swung by the convenience store. I bought a case of beer and brought it home. I am slowly nursing some beers until my father arrives and then I can unleash the hounds. I just want a release and I have been dealing with the most terrible anxiety. It's the perfect night to imbibe with lightning flashing out my windows and a stiff breeze rattling my storm windows as well. The sad thing is that once I get started, I can't quit. This will mean that I will be up all night long. Most likely on this computer playing World of Warcraft and writing. I might just have my own private Blog-A-Thon.

14 comments:

mago said...

Prost.

LAB said...

A blog-a-thon....That means I will have something to read in the morning...LOL

Be careful tonight with that drinking!

Lisa

chumly said...

You did better for your pet than some football players in the news. Be proud.

robmac said...

I can't criticise you for drinking, I'm on my 8th can already. Your post reminds me that my dog Tizzy is due for her annual vaccination, cheers

take it easy
Bob
http://bonkersbob.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Red flags when I read that you bought the beer.

Do you have a sponsor or someone from your meetings you could call?

Just worried about you stranger...

Antique Sailor said...

My heart goes out to you. My daughter is a sober alcoholic and I am so very proud of he accomplishment. My son is a drug addict who has destroyed himself and almost everyone around him.
I hope you follow my daughter's footsteps.
I too am a writer; at 76 I just published a book. Invite you to visit.
Mary the Antique Sailor

C.A. said...

I'm sending thoughts of a peaceful night to you, Andrew. I'm concerned about that case of beer. Not to sound too "mother hen-ish" but a 40 ouncer would have been a slip up. A case makes me worry. Please be well and take care of yourself.

Hugs....

C.A.

CRUSTYBEEF said...

mr. 4th, where's our frumpy professor when we need him..Please be safe..as a mommy I'm hoping that you will finish whatever you need to finish and then wash your hands of it..regardless I'm here for you in this blogging world and would stay up with anyone of my blogging buddies to read their wonder, and pain. Im here to help should you need anything and feel as if you just well, need someone-yeah, I've had 3glasses of wine.
Always,
Crusty
please call wanda!

Anonymous said...

Long time reader here, but I felt compelled to leave a comment, as one recovering drunk to another...

The way I see it, you've already "screwed the pooch" so to speak by deciding to get loaded. You might as well have a good time, and hopefully tomorrow you'll remember why you got sober in the first place. We all slip from time to time. The key is to remember to tighten up again afterwards.

I for one look forward to reading more about your newfound, more balanced life. It gives me, and I'm sure many others, hope.

Good luck, man. There's a lot of people with you in your corner, whether you know it or not.

promoteyourblogforfree said...

nice blog

Anonymous said...

I'm worried about you Andrew and sending good vibes your way. Stay strong and don't be afraid to reach out to those you love for help and support.

~A Devoted Reader~

Ellie said...

Sounds awesome. Have your blog-a-thon!

CRUSTYBEEF said...

praying for you Andrew, hope you don't have too much of a headache.
ouch!!
Always,
Crusty~

Stacy said...

Oh Andrew, I hope you don't have too much fun as I am worried about you.
Hugs,
Stacy