Friday, August 03, 2007

Remembrances

I set out on my morning walk in the predawn light. I stopped by your house to feed your fish first. I turned the aquarium light on and your bleeding heart tetras greeted me in schooling fashion. "Good morning, fishes," I said brightly as I sprinkled in the flakes of fish food. I sat for a moment in your den taking in the remnant smells of you and your life upon your threadbare sofa. I could almost smell the last breakfast you cooked before you left and I missed you. I will be so glad when you are home. It has been lonely without you.

I then parked my car at the Post Office and began my walk. We often walked this same route when I lived in my old apartment. We would stop in the little park in front of the cotton mill to smoke, drink a soda, and talk. I can remember our last conversation vividly. We were laughing as we talked of George and his antics.

"It's amazing he isn't in prison," you said of his drinking and driving.

"Oh, I've got a few calls from George in jail," I replied as I laughed.

"I hate that son of a bitch," you then said harshly.

"Hate is a strong word," I replied, wanting to defend my other friend.

These thoughts made me miss George. The final nail in the proverbial coffin of our friendship was my move. I would no longer spend idle days down at the shopping center listlessly wasting my time. You're still my friend though. George has new friends these days; friends that will drink and get drunk with him. George made me choose sides and I had to say goodbye.

You come home tomorrow. I know you will be tired. I woke up this morning excited, realizing it was only one more day. I have a lazy Sunday of cooking good food and wiling away our afternoon on my porch planned for us. I am going to wait for the perfect moment to tell you I love you. I can't wait to hear your reaction. You have been giving me hints that you have wanted more for us for many months. The next time you joke of us making passionate love I can now make it a reality. Soft covers and even softer skin will titillate us as we explore each other's bodies. Excuse me while I go sigh and have my morning cigarillo.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like things are heating up, a mighty lot;)

justLacey said...

I think your move was a wonderful thing. It seems to have ade your life more wonderful and you seem to be opening up and branching out. Of course Rosa and your dad are both part of that too. You are growing more every day.

Josie Two Shoes said...

What a beautiful love note, Andrew! I am happy for you that your Rosa will soon be home.

Whitney said...

I hope Rosa is reading this and has as big a smile on her face as I have on mine reading this...

Nakeel said...

Waoh have seen it for the first time and will be coming back for more.

Night said...

Have been following your blog for sometime now, chanced upon it really. It's very heartnening to see you living life. Two things I liked most about you since they go for me too, preferring rain to rays and cherishing your best friend.

CRUSTYBEEF said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...Just imagine how fabulous your cigarello will taste after your two bodies become one! MAGIC! Simply put, just magic.

I'm so happy for you!!
Always,
Crusty~

justLacey said...

Hey, was just thinking your dad might want to get you a new camera instead of art supplies for your creative side. We need pictures! lol

Portia said...

wow, powerful post! i wish the best for you both this weekend, sounds like it will be a good one:)

Rae said...

Hey guys ... wonder how long WE will have to wait after Andrew makes his profession of love to Rosa to hear about it?

Don't worry, Andrew, we'll give you two some private time, but we'll all be waiting breathlessly to hear about the big moment! :)

Thanks for the smiles.

KYRIE said...

Can I ask u sth? I thought u wrote George had fatal health problems and was allowed to drink. How come he is still drinking?
I hope he does not kill himself.

Well good luck with ur love story!

LAB said...

I'm glad that you got some good red velvet cake....those are hard to come by...

I am enjoying reading about your feeling about Rosa. I hope that you will find the courage soon to share with her your feelings as you have let all of us in on the 'secret'

Have a great weekend

UNITED PHOTO PRESS said...

hello www.uppp.blogspot.com