Saturday, August 04, 2007

Home Sweet Home

After a week of feeling uncomfortable, my best friend is home and what a glorious homecoming it was. I got a call at 5 PM as I was sitting in front of this computer.

"YES!" was the jubilant cry on the other end. "I am so glad to be home."

"It feels like you've been gone for weeks."

"I hate to talk bad about my daughter, but she is a terrible housekeeper."

I laughed as Rosa is not the best of housekeepers herself. They must have been pretty bad.

"I'm hungry and tired and I am going to go crawl into the bed," Rosa said.

"I'll bring you some supper," I replied. "Tuna salad sandwiches sound okay?"

"You don't have to go to any trouble," she told me. "Let me just go to sleep. I can't wait to crawl into my own bed for a change. I slept on the couch for a week."

"Night and I will talk to you in the morning."

"Coming to get me?"

"First thing," I said and we hung up the phone.

It is just comforting to know she is back in the same town as me. We will have all day tomorrow to spend together.

8 comments:

Colette Amelia said...

funny how alone you feel when your best friend is out of town...and it doesn't matter if you have lived alone for years, once you get that special person in your life it is hard to be alone again.

Stacy said...

Glad to hear that Rosa is home. Now things can go back to normal for the two of you. Enjoy!!!

Josie Two Shoes said...

I bet you are so excited about getting together tomorrow - I hope it turns out to be a wonderful day!! Glad Rosa is safely back home. I know she missed you as much as you missed her.

justLacey said...

I'm happy Rosa is back too. Have a glorious day tomorrow.

Pen and the Sword said...

I am eager to read the post where you mention the "L" word to her ;o)

fiwa said...

I'm so glad Rosa is home safe & sound. I hope you enjoy your day together tomorrow.

lovins,
fiwa

Anonymous said...

Not rounded corners! The horror!

Whitney said...

Glad to know Rosa is home! I, too, can't wait to read the blog when you say the L word to her. From my timing right now I bet it has already been said and you two can't separate from each other to write your next entry. Hee hee.

I have become totally addicted to your blog!! Love it just love it!