Sunday, August 26, 2007

Thank You!

I've had a rough day and it has been nice to occasionally hear the sound over these speakers that I got a new comment on the blog as I busily worked around the house. Thank you to those of you that took time out of your day to drop me a line. It means the world to me and you are very appreciated. You made the difference in the life of a guy who struggles some days. Thank you once again!

Things I've done today...

  • Mowed my lawn
  • Trimmed my shrubbery and weeded my flower beds.
  • Cleaned my bathroom and toilet.
  • Washed a load of dishes and cleaned Maggie's water bowl (which was blooming with algae).
  • Washed my sheets and a small load of clothes.
  • Cooked a supper of vegetable soup and corn bread.
  • Debated on going to Alcoholics Anonymous all damn day, but chickened out.

When I struggle, I try to clean and stay busy to keep my mind off my problems. My house is immaculate and I am tired. I am soon to go to bed once my father brings my nightly medications.

10 comments:

CJM-R said...

Looks like you had a very productive day! Good for you.

I always feel better when I clean the house and work outside, too.

Good night and thanks for your comments! I appreciate them so much.

Josie Two Shoes said...

Whew, no wonder you are tired, I wish I could say that I accomplished as much. But it is a good feeling, and work is good therapy when you are feeling down. I am like you about the comments, just knowing that I am connecting with other folks out there who actually care, it's an amazing feeling - and sometimes is the only thing that keeps me going. Life is not easy, but there are magic moments in it - and always they involve people, not possessions. You are loved, your life is blessed! Sleep well, Andrew, dream good dreams. Tomorrow is a brand new day.

AngelicScripts said...

Wow, good job! I wish cleaning helped me get my mind off my problems, it would sure please my mother :) Instead, I paint or write.

I never actually turned on the computer yesturday as I was out all day with my family, but I'm sitting here now catching up on what's happening with you. I just wanted you to know that you're on my prayer list.

Cheryl said...

Our days were so different, but I couldn't go to sleep without checking in on you. Thank you for being my friend.

darla said...

You know, Andrew.... I do my best "thinking" when I do work in the yard. It's very good therapy for me. I hope it was for you, too. Get a good nights rest.



you can visit me at westwoodranch.blogspot.com

Nikita1 said...

Hi Andrew...the fact that you cleaned everything, even did some gardening...shows that you are a caring person...and the choices you make ---had made ---show that you care about yourself too! So, keep going and chin-up and we all are here to support you!

Spider Girl said...

You got a lot done.

Me, I TRIED to weed in the garden today but it kept trying to rain on me. :)

Shruti said...

hey there Andrew...
I have been reading your blog regularly for a few days... I think you are a great guy and a really good writer. Keep writing and remember you have another person praying for you in this part of the globe...All the best!
PS - You deserve to feel good about yourself for that list. Go ahead pat yourself on the back :)

CRUSTYBEEF said...

So, how exhausted were you the next day? Yard work is a rather tedious task, and that's great that you got so much accomplished.
Having things in order, crisp and clean is so good for your soul!!
Always,
Crusty~

E. Lally said...

woow productive day. i barely got a thing done

:) ttyl