Sunday, August 05, 2007

Brown Bear

It's 8:30. The day is winding down. My brown little bear comes jumping onto the couch with me as I watch television. "How's my baby? How's my little Chewbacca?" Excited wiggles are followed by furtive attempts to lick my face. "You are daddy's little girl. You know that?" Little bear rolls over to reveal a starkly pink belly. "You want me to rub that bottomless pit?" I vigorously rub Maggie's belly and she wiggles with even more zest. Thus goes our nightly routine of baby talk and socializing. It is as much a part of lives as day turning to night. Maggie finally settles down next to my leg to sleep. Eyes are opened again at my every move. She doesn't want to miss a beat.

I took Rosa to buy groceries and then came on home to warm up a frozen meal in the microwave. Tonight's menu was southern style chicken medallions with scalloped potatoes and glazed carrots. I was aghast at the amount of sodium in that little meal. The phone rang as I was putting my dishes in the dishwasher.

"Hello?"

"Thank you," A voice replied. "Thank you for this afternoon."

"I was so nervous," I said. "It had been months."

"I promise you won't have to wait so long until next time."

I smiled and demurely said, "You want to tell me what you are going to do next time?"

"No phone sex," she replied. "I will show you tomorrow."

"Good night."

"See ya in the morning, tiger."

I smiled and hung up the phone. There was a lightness in my step as I sashayed into the den to escape out the porch to smoke. I was so scared I wouldn't be able to perform due to my medications. It just took the right moment in time and the right person to knock the rust off the proverbial plumbing. The last person I had slept with was that ill fated night me and Rosa got drunk and ended up in the bed. I didn't know her well then and panicked thinking I had caught some terrible STD due to her lady-of-the-night past. The tests came back negative and along with it arrived a new lease on life. Good night my dear sweet Rosa. I will see you bright and early in the morning.

14 comments:

Josie Two Shoes said...

Awww Andrew, this was so sweet! Everything in it's right time, and it all worked out beautifully. I love that you are sharing this very personal adventure with us, I hope you know how many of us are cheering for your newfound love!

CRUSTYBEEF said...

WOW!!! Thank you for sharing that with us...did you end up pulling out the ILY'S?

Good for you..take your time..and don't worry about your bedroom fears-happens to the best of them-she's not the judgement types,..she'll accept you regardless.
CONGRATULATIONS on gaining back what you were lacking at the office with your dad and Psych/doc..
Always,
Crusty~

CRUSTYBEEF said...

whoops!!..I just read tender (about the ILY's)should've read that one first..
wow..my jaw drops to the floor..just beautiful.
Always,
Crusty~

Pen and the Sword said...

Damn... you guys don't waste any time do you? ;o) I mean that in a playful, joking way.

Barb said...

I cant wait for tomorrow to come, bringing a poetic unvailing of the most romantic little story I have read in a long time! sleep well my friend, see you in the new day!

Barb~

justLacey said...

Congrats and don't panic! You know Rosa will let you take it slow. Just be honest and open. My husband has a friend "Bob". Never married and I have only seen him date one girl. Why? Because he plays out the whole relationship in his head using the worst possible scenarios before it even gets started. After the first date he's, usually worried that the girl will want to know where he lives and stop by un-announced. Then she of course will want to marry him and tell him what to do. On and on like that. You just be honest with Rosa and tell her how you feel and everything will be ok. Don't pull a Bob.

justLacey said...

P.S. Glad everything worked ok, lol.

henry said...

sweet )

shy_smiley said...

wishing you and Rosa all the best! You two deserve it!

Anonymous said...

good for you and Rosa! Life is alwyas sooooo much better when there is someone special to share the ups and downs!!!

simonsays said...

Andrew- I am so happy for you and Rosa. I have been silently cheering the two of you on....this makes me smile. :)

I miss seeing you at my blog! Come back when you have time!

Anonymous said...

good for you...Rosa and you make a great pair..good luck my friend love your blog

Whitney said...

Absolutely beautiful. I agree with Barb. This is one of the most romantic stories I have read in a long time. It is nicer that it is real and not some bit of fiction someone has written.

I can't wait til tomorrow...

Smiles to both of you :)

~Vital~ said...

I knew it! I was just waiting on you to figure it out. I knew you and rosa would get together. I'm so happy for you Andrew! Congrats!