Friday, February 05, 2010

A Party; a Sober Party…

Mrs. Florene just called me.  I was laying in bed listening to Taylor Swift sing about being fifteen and in love. 

“What do you think about throwing a party for George’s fourth week of sobriety?” she asked me. “It would just be me, you, and George.  We would have hors’devours and sober punch.  I make a mean punch with carbonated apple juice!”

“Let’s wait till six weeks,” I said, hating to burst her bubble.  “George told me he is still very shaky.  I don’t want to put pressure on him.”

“Okay baby,” Mrs. Florene replied. “I am going to listen to you.  You’ve been there and done that.”

We hung up the phones and I deeply smiled.  Mrs. Florene so loves George much like mom loves me.  They would both do just about anything to help us.  Mrs. Florene is a deeply religious woman and she told me the other day she got down on her knees and prayed deeply to God for a change in George and George quit drinking.   Coincidence or divine intervention?  You decide. 

4 comments:

justLacey said...

Maybe a little of both, but whatever works I say.

Andrew said...

Lacey,

That's exactly what I thought myself. Mostly coincedence, but it was nice for Mrs. Florene's faith for things to work out so well. I was happy for her even though I am not very religious.

Anonymous said...

Definately an answer to prayer.

Andrew said...

I just loved the drive by anonymous religious snipe! LOL