Monday, February 22, 2010

Thoughts for the Day…

We just had a spring-esque line of storms move through around 3:30 AM.  The thunder woke me up.  I love it!  I also saw my first Robins and daffodils yesterday. Robins were everywhere as if in a mass migration.  I was telling dad about it and he said, “It’s about time.  They are a little late this year.”  Could Spring be on the way?  It certainly is.  In just about 30 more days, the South will be in bloom.  My camellia in the front yard has flower buds that are just about to burst.   It got up to 67 degrees yesterday according to my wireless weather station. 

One Poptart too Many?

Maggie was moping around this morning so I decided to give her a treat to perk her up.   She loves sweet foods.  I gave her a whole package of strawberry Poptarts.  She immediately ate one and then proceeded to carry the other one around in her mouth for an hour.  She couldn’t go bury it in the backyard as we were in a downpour.  She wanted to so badly and would stick her head out the dog door only to retreat.  I laughed and laughed.  Her dog instincts were telling her to save one for a rainy day.

Six Weeks of Sobriety…

Today marks George’s sixth week of sobriety.  Who would have thought he could make it this far?  He has sort of traded one addiction for others though.  He chain smokes cigars and has an insatiable appetite for sex these days.  Mrs. Florene is still planning a sobriety party for George tentatively next weekend. 

4 comments:

justLacey said...

Go George! I am impressed.

Leigh Ann said...

Yay for George!

My dog buries his treats in the couch cushions when he can't bury them outside. He's 10 now, and we've been finding them in there since he was a puppy!

glittermom said...

our weatherman said spring started in the everglades one day last week and travels at 15mph north...so you will be receiving it soon...we along the great lakes have a ways to go...love your storm video...I also love a good storm....

Sharyna said...

George isn't back with that trollup, Pookie, is he? I hope he has a nice clean girlfriend or at least, a decent hooker. lol Remember, don't give Maggie the chocolate fudge type!