Saturday, February 20, 2010

Thoughts for the Day…

Dearest Martha…

It was 3 AM.  I was sound asleep when I got a call from mom.

“What day is it?” mom asked, foregoing any pleasantries.

I laughed. Oh god!

“Mom, it is late Friday night, early Saturday morning!”

“I woke up and didn’t even know where I was,” she said, sounding confused and then hung up abruptly.

Well, after waking up some, I drove over to get my sodas.  They weren’t on the porch.  Disappointment central!  Mom is really having a time with her mental illness these days and is usually completely out of it.  My father is extremely concerned about her.  She’s been so sick.

Dawn of the Dead…

When I woke up this morning due to mom’s phone call, Maggie was sound asleep next to me.  I kept smelling something putrid as I lay there listening to the radio.  I leaned over to smell Maggie.  Dear God!  Maggie reeked.  She must have gotten into something dead in the backyard.  Why do dogs like stinky, dead stuff? lol  Well, I casually pushed Maggie off the bed.   She looked at me like, “What’s wrong? You never do that!”  She got a warm bath when I got back from my fruitless trip to get my sodas.  Now, she smells like dead stuff and Irish Spring soap.  Oh well.  

Schedule Du Jour…

Here is the schedule I made out for myself.  I am only half-heartedly sticking to it.  Getting up at three doesn't help. My friend Gittermommie says I am going to drive myself crazy trying to stick to it.   The OCD person in me geeks out about it though! lol

Daily Schedule…
6:00 - 7:00 Diet Cokes and radio
7:00 - 7:30  Breakfast and radio
7:30 – 10:00  Reading, browsing, radio and blogging
10:00 – 12:00 Computer gaming 
12:00 – 12:30 Lunch
12:30 – 2:00 Nap Time
2:00 – 5:00 Maggie’s walk
5:00 – 5:30 Supper
5:30 – 6:00 Shower and shave
6:00 – 6:15 Sunset of the day photo, blogging
6:15 – 8:00 Reading and music
8:00 – 9:00 Computer gaming 
9:00 – 9:30 Snack
9:30 – 10:00 Dad, medications and feeding Maggie
10:00 – 11:00  Browsing, Magazines, Music, and Reading
11:00 Bedtime

2 comments:

NellJean said...

Why not just post the list without the times? Print it off daily and cross off each one as it is completed? The time of day element puts pressure that really isn't necessary, is it? (Lunch at noon is good, when you are hungry.) Limiting the computer gaming and such is a great idea, just give yourself the length of time, not the hour of the day. If you are up at 3, pencil in a nap for later.

Sharyna said...

You walk that poor lil doggy for 3 whole hours! Poor Maggie! Also, you shave at 5:30 at night? Maybe shaving could be done in the am and shower in the eve? Or grow a beard! Maybe one of those really sculped ones...I agree with NellJean. You can afford a looser schedule. And don't walk Maggie so hard! lol