Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Thoughts for the Day…

Charlie’s Horsefly…

022410_0009 copy4 Charlie’s out of town so dad had Horsefly last night – Charlie’s youngest son.  Horsefly is autistic and mentally retarded.  He speaks a language all his own and only a few people can decipher it including dad, me, my brother, and Charlie.  Well, Maggie is so intrigued by Horsefly.  She was scared at first as he talks so loudly and it sounds like gibberish.  Now, Maggie is comfortable around him, but she knows something is not quite right.  She will follow him from room to room worried about him.  It is endearing in a way.  Dad marveled at Maggie and Horsefly last night saying what a smart dog Maggie is.  “She knows something is wrong,” dad said as he sat on the couch.

The Call of the Car…

I made the mistake of telling George yesterday that I can rebuild carburetors.  Well, George has already ordered a rebuild kit at a local auto parts store and wants me to rebuild the two barrel carburetor on his new Caprice.  I reluctantly agreed.  It will give me something to do at night for about a week.  It is an intricate process though.  I hope I don’t  screw it up.  It has been years since I fiddled with one.

Grocery Day…

Today is one of my favorite days – grocery day.  My only requests were two large cans of tuna, dill pickle relish, and more Louisiana hot sauce.  Mom will fill in the blanks so to speak.  Mom will always buy me something new and interesting and I look forward to that.   We are also continuing our fruit and vegetable theme – me doing so well lately on that diet.  I really think my healthy diet lately has improved my mental health, and it really helps me not practicing the bulimia anymore either.   I realized I was malnourished.

Helen Friday – Thinking Ahead…

Dad asked me last night what I wanted Helen to fix for this Friday’s supper.  “Have Helen cook her fried fish supper,” I said. “I want fish, french fries, hushpuppies, and cole slaw.”  Dad thought it was a great idea and said we would have it if Helen could find that special kind of fish she has to have to prepare it.  You can only find it at the Piggly Wiggly. 

4 comments:

(M)ary said...

My 1989 Toyota Tercel had a carbuerator, prorbably one of the last cars to have one. Fuel injection is not as cool as carbuerators...how do you spell that carberators? Whatever!

forsythia said...

Wonderful post that sparked all kinds of thoughts. Whenever ANYTHING at all was wrong with their Oldsmobile, Grammy always blamed it on the carburetor, as if she was wise in the ways of cars. :-)

This IS The Fun Part! said...

That's the great thing about the older cars! Carbs and mechanical parts. Even I can fix most anything on the mechanical cars! These new ones that are all electronic drive me nuts!

Same goes for Piggly Wiggly! Do you know how hard it is to find those any more? Most were turned into Winn Dixie and then they closed so many of them. We have to drive to another city if we want to go to Winn Dixie! Publix has a monopoly in our area.

Thundering and raining here! Good day for ducks!

Love ya,
Grannie

Tokyo Biker Mommy said...

There was and still is a Piggly Wiggly in the town i grew up in, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. Yes, that far north! LOL. :)