Friday, February 26, 2010

Thoughts for the Day…

My Motivator is Broken…

Sleepy Maggie I only have one complaint about my life these days and it is a lack of motivation – this sense of apathy.  I made myself out an elaborate schedule to help remedy this problem, but the schedule didn’t last long.  It was too constraining and didn’t account for anomalies such as George coming over or dad being early at night, or even just a night without sleep and I would have to sleep in the day.   These days, I am perfectly content to lay on the bed for hours and listen to old Coast to Coast AM radio shows.  I feel like I am wasting my time and this bugs me.  I’ve got so many things that need doing around the house such as vacuuming as Maggie tracks in junk constantly through the dog door.  I’ve got George’s carburetor to rebuild.  My car needs cleaning.  Maggie’s walks have devolved into jokes of their former selves.  My hobby, Model Railroading, is languishing on the workbench.  Etc.

I can also pace the floor between my den and bedroom for hours smoking cigarettes until my legs are sore.  It is strange that I thoroughly enjoy this as I hate the once six mile walk I embarked upon every day.  It is also very obsessive compulsive.  I will vacillate from pacing for hours to laying on the bed listening to the radio for hours – completely wasting my time.   C’est la vie!

Blog Themes…

I figured out a way to have a new blog theme for every day of the week.  You will see something new every morning from about 5 AM to 6 AM.  I am very excited about this as it will keep the look of the blog fresh and interesting – you will never know what to expect the next day until we have cycled through all the preset designs I have made.  I am constantly making more and saving them as .xlm files and adding them to the queue.  

Weather Blog Shutting Down…

This ties into my “motivator is broken” theme.  I no longer want to fool with the weather blog.  I realize only a select few people are going to be interested in it anyway and I feel I am wasting my time when I could be pouring those efforts into my main blog.  People are only going to be interested in the weather of the area they live in and weather is very area specific.  The sunset of the day photo will be incorporated into 4th Avenue as I love doing that and editing the photos.  I thought the sunset of the day would grew repetitive, but every sunset seems to be different which is exciting and keeps things fresh.  Sorry to the handful that actually kept up with it.     

6 comments:

forsythia said...

Maggie and I hope you will get your butt in gear and start walking again.

skinny minny said...

I gothrough the rollercoaster of motivation too. My poor daisy will get used to walking miles in all kinds of weather and then BAM!I loose my motivation or it gets de-railed somehow and she has to wait it out while I get to grasp that magical something that is motivation again. Today I cleaned my room and put up all my clothes whiole washing my comforter somehow that has me motivated so I may be walking in the rain with daisy. I think the season and it weather has a lot to do with it too. so looking forward to spring. :)

kristi said...

Andrew I can't wait to be off work for awhile so I can get stuff done. So far today, all I have accomplished is doing dishes, washing laundry, buying groceries and napping....and blogging of course! I have homework to do too.

Joy Heather said...

I think its normal for most folk to suffer lack of motivation from time to time..you'll probably get it back when the weather improves or the 'mood' passes..dont fret about it Andrew, that is counter productive..i think when Jim & Polly get back from their hols on Tuesday (they have been away a month)I will revel in having quite a few unmotivated days, to myself at last....just to recharge my batteries and get myself ready for Spring...cant wait, i dont like the cold wet Winter months.

Joy Heather said...

I think its normal for most folk to suffer lack of motivation from time to time..you'll probably get it back when the weather improves or the 'mood' passes..dont fret about it Andrew, that is counter productive..i think when Jim & Polly get back from their hols on Tuesday (they have been away a month)I will revel in having quite a few unmotivated days, to myself at last....just to recharge my batteries and get myself ready for Spring...cant wait, i dont like the cold wet Winter months.

Joy Heather said...

Why are my messages coming through twicw i wonder..will you delete one of each please Andrew.