Monday, March 18, 2019

A Slice of Life…

The alarm went off early at 6:45am this morning. Tracy got up as well as I and got a clean set of scrubs out of the dryer to wear today. I told her she smelled wonderful after her shower. She was briskly drying her overly curly hair with a towel.

“Savory or sweet?” I asked her about our breakfast.

“I am in the mood for something sweet,” she said.

I got two apple strudels and warmed them in my toaster oven. We sat in the den as the morning television news droned on and we ate our strudels. The news was all doom and gloom as usual. I got the biggest kick out of the Trumpster calling Anne Coulter a “whacky nut job”. I laughed and laughed as it struck me as especially funny.

“I’ll see you at lunch sweetie,” Tracy told me as she kissed me goodbye.

Maggie ran outside to give her a barking send off as she does for us all. I got in the kitchen and washed the dishes we used for breakfast.

The Slimfast experiment didn’t last very long. They claim four hour hunger control, but we must be doing something wrong as Tracy and I were both ravenously hungry an hour after lunch.

I feel guilty sometimes staying at home and not working, but I have a decent income that pays all the bills except the cable and internet bill which Tracy now pays. I worked many, many years under arduous circumstances and it was time for me to retire.

No comments: