Monday, March 11, 2019

“You Can’t Have That!” “That’s Too Expensive…” “You’ll Rot Your Teeth Eating Those…”

These were some of the responses I got from Tracy grocery shopping tonight. When dad told her to moderate me, she took the responsibility in earnest. I just wanted some Hostess Ding Dongs and Hebrew National franks. I felt like a toddler desperately hanging onto a box of Lucky Charms.

We did our shopping after she got home from class. Tracy and I have both gained some weight recently and we are going to drink a Slim-Fast for lunch. My mother once lost a lot of weight doing that and eating a sensible supper. Tracy also got a lot of Lean Cuisines for us to eat as well. I showed her which ones were good and which ones that weren’t so hot.

“It has cellulose in it,” I told Tracy of Slim-Fast. “That’s why you feel so full after drinking one.”

Tracy said she would give it a try with me. Tracy remarked on how expensive they were as well. Kroger sells their version of Slim-Fast, but we didn’t want to chance it. I’ll probably be so hungry by supper time that Maggie looks delicious.

This would just be our luck, but when we went to checkout, we got behind two ladies with complicated orders with WIC vouchers. Sigh! It took forever and we had too many groceries for self checkout. We just had to be patient and wait.

“At least, we get to spend some quality time together!” I quipped.

Tracy just smiled broadly and then laughed.

Tracy Said I Got Drunk Called…

My father had his fair share of wine again tonight. I got “drunk called” by him as Tracy put it.

“Do you get the Hitler channel?” He asked, slurring his words.

“Do you mean the History Channel?” I replied.

“Yeah, your mother always called it the Hitler channel. She hated when I watched it. Tune in as the Japanese are now assaulting Papua New Guinea.”

I chuckled a little and told my father goodnight.

“Get some sleep, dad! You’ve got to work ten hours tomorrow!”

1 comment:

glittermom said...

You got yourself a bossy girl. LOL