Friday, March 29, 2019

Loss of Words…

Mom’s birthday was a few days ago. I drove to Waverly about 45 minutes away and put some flowers on her grave today. I still can’t believe she is gone. All this left me in a melancholy mood the past few days. I can’t seem to get motivated to do anything. I keep marveling at the fragility and finiteness of life. My turn to pass will come sooner or later as well.

Maggie got a good bill of health at the veterinarian with just a few nagging problems. Dr. Thomas drained the cyst on her leg which he said was benign and put her on some antibiotics for her eye infection. I also have to put drops in that eye which is no easy feat. I have to catch Maggie unawares as she sleeps on the couch lest she will run out the dog door at the first sign of doctoring. She is so sensitive about such matters.

Spring is fully underway here which brings joy to my melancholy soul. All the trees are leafing out and the azaleas are in full bloom. It got up to 76° degrees today which was really nice.  

4 comments:

glittermom said...

Your moms birthday is close to mine. March 21. Your mom was your best friend. She had your back!

skinny minny said...

My Dad's birthday was this week...he would have been 90. It's been almost 12 years since he passed away and I still miss him. Some days are worse than others but mostly I remember happy things and it doesn't bring pain or sadness anymore. Just brings a feeling of love. It does get better.

Sharyn said...

Glad Maggie is ok! (I didn't want to say it out loud but I was worried about cancer, Spunky had a lump once...) It is so interesting how many lives Miss Martha touched. Face to face as a teacher, and then as the famous appointment secretary featured in a blog. Heck, I never even met her and I miss her!

Rita said...

I wonder if anyone ever gets over the loss of their mother? I know it is hard. Remember the good times. My daughter remembers her dad by doing things that were his things on his days. He drank chocolate milk every morning, so she has chocolate milk on his birthday and on his death day. There are a few other things that he was known for doing often and those are the things she does on his days.