Saturday, March 09, 2019

Gotta Love Daylight…

Dad and Tracy both had to work again this Saturday morning. I was disappointed dad and I didn’t get to do our usual routine as of late. Dad finally called me at 12:30pm and told me to come on over. He had some cinnamon buns for me from Daylight Donuts. It is a treat he buys for us all every Saturday. These things are truly delicious and so soft and gooey with cinnamon goodness. We sat and talked a long time while we had a diet Coke. We mainly talked about mental illness and how it can effect your whole family. Before my mother was diagnosed and medicated, she was hell on wheels let me tell you.

“Be sure Tracy gets some of those cinnamon buns,” my father told me as I was leaving.

Tracy was home when I arrived back to our casa. I was so very glad to see her.

“Here are some cinnamon buns,” I said as I handed her the bag and she said thanks.

She gave me a peck on the lips and started to change out of her scrubs. I took a moment to determine her mood. She was tired, but in very good spirits.

“You up for a date night?” I asked, wanting to treat her after a busy week of work and school.

“That would be wonderful,” Tracy told me happily. “Let me go pick out something to wear.”

I told Tracy the eating venue was her choice and she picked Zen House again. Our favorite restaurant. I ate my usual General Tso’s chicken and Tracy ate much milder fare this time, Moo Goo Gai Pan. My mother’s favorite mild Chinese dish and I told her so.

Tracy said the clinic was really busy this morning and that she was pooped. She laid her head on my shoulder on the drive up the interstate and fell asleep. I didn’t wake her until we were pulling into our driveway. I was enjoying the moment as well. I still can’t believe this beautiful and outgoing creature has decided to share her life with me.

No comments: