Tuesday, March 05, 2019

It’s All Better Now…

I struggled yesterday all day with my mental illness. My injection was due in the morning and had petered out leaving me without that constant flow of medications into my bloodstream. I couldn’t concentrate on anything my mind was racing so fast. I went to open the front door and Tracy asked me where I was going late yesterday afternoon.

“I am going for a long walk to clear my head,” I told her with a grimace.

Tracy woke me up this early morning before heading to work.

“Remember your injection is this morning,” she told me worriedly.

She had never seen me get in such a state and it scared and worried her.

I got up and got ready to go. I was in a daze on the drive to the pharmacy to pick up my injection. To make matters worse, my father didn’t have my injection ready to go when I arrived. I had to wait about 15 minutes. I finally grabbed my injection and headed to Kamath Medical.

“You’re awful quiet this morning,” my nurse, Rebecca, remarked upon me.

On an interesting weather note, we had a freak sleet storm last night. My car was just covered with ice pellets this morning and I worried about slick roads. 

No comments: