Saturday, March 02, 2019

SLUGS! I TELL YOU!

Tracy and I have both been absolute slugs today. Isn’t that what Saturdays are for? I haven’t even had a shower and shave yet and it is after 7pm. Tracy had to go in to work to assist with a surgery for a short while this afternoon, but that’s about all we’ve done today.

Apparently, a young Boston Terrier had swallowed a bunch of smooth river rocks. They had to go into it’s stomach and remove them. I know it sounds strange, but it is true.

“What were they feeding that dog?” I asked incredulously when Tracy arrived back home.

“The owner was a sweet younger lady,” Tracy replied. “She didn’t look like the type that would abuse her dog. She was just worried sick. She said the dog got to retching and couldn’t quit.”

I asked how the surgery went and Tracy said it was straightforward. They removed the rocks and then sutured back up the stomach. Tracy also told me the surgery cost over $2000 as well.Yikes! I looked at Maggie and told her she better not be eating any rocks.

Old Fuss and Feathers cooked a delicious supper tonight. I just had to drive over and pick it up. We had his boneless porkchops and rice, green beans boiled in a beef bullion sauce, and pear salad. The green beans were especially tasty as was the pear salad.  

2 comments:

glittermom said...

That’s not so uncommon, Dogs will ingest a lot of strange things that aren’t even edible. Then need surgery to remove the items.

glittermom said...

It might be that dogs can’t spit, so if they put something in their mouth if it doesn’t just fall out it will be swallowed..