Friday, March 22, 2019

Prince Philip at 90…

That’s what my father was watching when I drove over this morning. He is absolutely obsessed with the British royal family. I was largely ignored and didn’t stay but about 15 minutes – long enough to drink a crisp, cold, delicious diet Coke. I was hoping for our usual morning banter and playfulness. Dad was fixated with the program on YouTube. I was so disappointed.

“You leaving so soon?” my father asked me cluelessly. “You just got here!”

I didn’t expound upon my reasons.

“Have a good day off, dad,” I told him. “Love you!”

I wanted to make a joke about the revolutionary war and how we, a rag tag army of soldiers and militia, beat the pants off the British redcoats with the help of the French. I refrained from doing so.

2 comments:

Sharyn Bellah said...

The Queen's birthday was a few days ago. And she's in poor health, which a lot of 94 year olds are. Will Charles take the throne? No. The Queen put out a missive a few years ago, that she would be the last to reign. That's why Charles got to marry Camilla. AND she can't skip Charles for Wills either. There's a little conversation to throw at your dad next time! LOL

Rita said...

I just saw a reference to the fact that Prince Philip has had a long standing affair. Nothing like having your cake and eating it to.

Well no wonder that Charles did the same.