Sunday, March 03, 2019

Weird and Wild Weather…

The weather got crazy for a few moments this afternoon. We had just torrential and blinding rain for about an hour and then the wind kicked up something fierce. A very large pecan tree limb fell on the corner of my house, but it didn’t damage my roof. I was very lucky. Tracy and I heard it fall with a very loud crack and boom. I will have to get dad’s chainsaw and cut it up tomorrow. A tornado passed just a few miles to our south through Tuskegee and Wedowee. I told Tracy we were getting in the basement if the weather got any worse. The alarm on my weather radio kept going off with tornado warnings. Luckily, it didn’t have to come to that. The rain ended and then the sun decided to peek through the clouds almost miraculously – the proverbial calm after the storm.

Spring has definitely sprung in the South and next comes very cold overnight temperatures. We are supposed to get down to 25 degrees the night after next. I fear all these budding and leafing trees are going to get their buds and tender leaves killed in the process. Weather radio is already warning about it and here my lawn was just starting to get green again. C’est la vie!

Nothing Stops the Dynamic Duo…

Maggie, the proximity alarm, alerted me to their presence. I opened the door and welcomed the dynamic duo inside. Papa and Charlie have just left after bringing pizza and Maggie’s chicken tenders. Christmas comes every Sunday night for Maggie. Charlie upped the ante and got Tracy and I the “extra most bestest” pepperoni pizzas with lots of extra cheese and pepperoni. Charlie has always known how to please a crowd. I was just thrilled they remembered to get Maggie her chicken tenders. I forgot to remind them.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

So glad to hear you and Tracy are okay. I heard about the tornadoes and started to worry. I hope you both have a great day!

Ivy Green said...

Devastating. Thankfully, y'all are safe.

Sharyn Bellah said...

Just wanted to make sure you all were ok. Got a little scared for a moment when I heard where the tornado was! You should keep Weezy's cage ready, cuz cats are more manageable in cages. Glad you two are snug! (Bill thought Weezy was a pet name for Tracey and wondered why she needed to be caged! LOL To keep her off your booty of course! LOL)