Saturday, March 23, 2019

Just In Time For Warm Weather…

Charlie stopped by this afternoon with his portable air compressor. We filled up my bike tires with air. I am set to start riding again. I’ve got bike fever like I did when I first got this bike back in the fall.

Charlie also brought four Chick-fil-A sandwiches on his journey here. They were very well appreciated. Two for me, the big guy, and one for Tracy and one for Maggie.

“Hey, I want to ride, too!” Tracy told me, feeling left out after Charlie had departed.

“We will have to drive down to the bike shop in Auburn and look for you a bike,” I told her in reply. “Unless you want to buy a bike at Walmart?”

We might drive down to Walmart in a wee little bit and see what kind of bikes they have for sale. We really don’t need anything fancy. Just a women’s bike that Tracy can ride around the neighborhood with me. I am thinking cruiser like mine so that is what we will probably buy.

A Train a Day Keeps the Blues Away…

I spent much of the day down at the railroad tracks watching trains and photographing them. The weather was just absolutely gorgeous. A fine spring day. I think I’ve wrote this on the blog before, but Tracy says that has to be the most boring hobby a man could have.

“What do you do when there are no trains passing by?” she asked me this evening.

“I listen to music on my iPod and read magazines and books,” I replied.

Lunch was some fried chicken livers and a chocolate milk I bought at the Qwik Mart across the highway. I got chided for eating those as well.

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

Walmart bikes are like $89 assembled. And they do a good job. Another place did a bad job and Fred broke his ankle.

It went like this. I pedaled out of the garage and started up the street. When I got to the corner, I stopped and looked back and Fred was nowhere to be found. So I rode back. He was in the garage with the bike on top of him. Something about a loose seat. Not quite sure how his ankle broke tho.