Tuesday, March 05, 2019

Just Another Social and Mental Casualty…

Not quite! This old dog is not down for the count just yet! My loved ones really rallied around me today. Dad just called this afternoon and asked how I was feeling. It’s not like him to call from work so it was very, very special for him to do so.

“I was just so worried about you this morning. You were like a zombie!” he exclaimed. “I was afraid you shouldn't be driving. I kept waiting for a call you had been in a car wreck.”

“I took a long four hour nap when I got home and I woke up a brand new man,” I replied to him. “My medications kicked in while I was asleep.”

Soon, my girl with the curls and the curves walked in the front door.

“You’re like a completely different person today,” Tracy said relieved when she got home from work earlier.

“We need to get you extra medications to take the day before your injection,” she also said to me and I agreed.

I told her we would talk to my psychiatrist soon.

I was mentally perky and very socially amicable this afternoon. I had also straightened up the house and had us some supper on the stove. Tracy hugged me a long time and told me she doesn’t like to see me hurting or in distress. It melted my heart and I hugged her ever tighter.   

No comments: