Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Cause for Concern…

Maggie’s just not a very touchy feely dog unless when it comes to Tracy or Charlie. She will let them pet her as much as they want. I will try to pet her and she will move to the other end of the couch. Tracy and Maggie were sitting on the couch last night and Tracy was checking her out – giving her a good going over.

“Come feel of this,” Tracy said very alarmed.

I got up out of the recliner and walked over to sit on the couch next to Maggie.

“Maggie’s got some kind of big cyst or lump on her leg,” Tracy said.

I felt of it and it felt nasty – a big, hard lump on Maggie’s left front leg right at the joint. Maggie doesn’t seem to be in pain even when I squeezed the lump. I pray hope she’s not miserable and has no way to convey this to us.

“We need to get her to the vet as soon as possible,” Tracy told me.

I told Tracy I would get her out to see Dr. Thomas on Thursday. Dad is going to help me get her out there. This is all terribly traumatic for Maggie this going to the veterinarian.  She has a incorrigible tendency to release her bladder as she sits in your lap on the drive out there. I always have to wrap her in a towel as dad drives.

“Jerry will probably tell us she is dying,” my father sarcastically said on the phone last night.

“Oh, don’t say that!” I replied worriedly.

I wasn’t in the mood for playful banter yesterday evening.    

No comments: