Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Cocktail Hour…

“We won’t stay long,” I told Tracy after driving to my father’s house.

Dad had cooked corned beef hash and a big pan of Mexican cornbread for us.

“Hey Mr. John!” Tracy said as my father opened the backdoor.

Dad gave her a big hug as she stepped into the kitchen.

We sat down for a few moments and dad actually turned off the television so we could talk. Dad wanted to know all about Tracy’s class she is taking.

I was hungry so we bid my father goodbye. Our parting words were that my father said he was now going to have cocktail hour now that his good deeds were done.

“For Christ’s sake don’t drink and drive,” I told him. “Call me if you need a ride.”

The hash was delicious on this very chilly evening, btw. Tracy enjoyed hers as well.

No comments: