Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Welcome Home Sweet Darlin’ of Mine…

Maggie and I were anxiously waiting in the window for Tracy to get home this evening. Maggie yelped and got so excited at her arrival. It was almost contagious. I wanted to yelp, bark as well, and wag my tail.

“How was your day, Sweetheart?” I asked her when she sat down in the den and took her purse off her shoulder.

“I’ve had a helluva day,” she told me. “A couple brought their Labrador retriever in for grooming. I cut one toenail too close to the “quick” and the dog liked to have never quit bleeding. I felt terrible!”

“Shit happens!” was my best reply.

“Are you hungry?” I then asked her very inquisitively.

“I am absolutely famished and starving!” she replied.

“I am going to treat us tonight and get us some barbecue pork sandwiches from Roger’s Barbecue,” I told her.

I went and called in our order and left to drive across the Chattahoochee and pick up our sandwiches. The lady with the wonky glass eye was there to greet me. I try not to stare, but it’s hard.

No comments: