Friday, March 08, 2019

When the Cat’s Away the Mice Shall Play…

Mouse or man?

Every morning lately, I call my father at 10:50am to make sure he is up and at home. I then drive over and we watch Dr. Phil at 11am. I drink sodas and my father drinks coffee. This has been one of the most pleasurable times spent with my father in years. We laugh and talk and reminisce about my mother and past times in the family. We love to psychoanalyze the people on Dr. Phil's show. I also want to spend as much time with my father while he is still of able body and mind. Mom was taken too soon and I didn’t appreciate the moments we spent together as much as I should have.

Dad and I sided with the supposedly antagonist male this morning on Dr. Phil. The poor nerve racked fellow didn’t have a chance between his two very demanding teen daughters and ultra demanding ex-wife. I would have changed my phone number and moved to another state to be honest. They weren’t very pleasant people and could learn that lesson about catching more flies with honey than vinegar regarding their father and ex-husband.

I so look forward to a repeat performance in the morning, Sunday and Monday. Dad has to work Tuesday and Wednesday. I am sure Tracy will want to come along Sunday. She is welcome to visit and has expressed interest.

“Now, you and Old Fuss and Feathers don’t get to drinking wine at lunch and raising hell,” I just told her jokingly for which she rolled her eyes at me and laughed.

“You’re the one we need to be watching closely!” she replied huffily to my dismay.

I feigned innocence as I chuckled nervously!   

No comments: