Thursday, July 14, 2005

Doom and Dread

I don’t feel like doing anything today but sitting in my apartment. I didn’t sleep well last night and am living up to my namesake today, grumpy. I am also feeling this impending sense of anxiety, doom, and dread. It is that feeling that something bad is about to happen. Nothing bad is about to happen that I know of.

I had a message on my answering machine this morning. It was from my father’s pharmacy. They are having computer problems again. This is a brand new Dell computer. Veronica seems to think it is a virus. Getting a virus is a pretty rare event especially if you have an anti-virus protection installed. I have a good idea that the co-pharmacist has installed a bunch of frivolous junk off of the internet like she normally does such as AOL chat programs and realplayer. Stuff full of spyware and adware. I tried to get my point across to them that the more frivolous stuff you install on a computer then the more unstable windows will get. The computer should just be used for filling prescriptions and submitting orders. Nothing else and that would solve all their problems. It normally takes some kind of human input to cause a problem if the computer was formerly running just fine. For some reason they can’t seem to grasp this concept though.

Every Thursday I go out to eat with my mother. Mom just called to remind me of this. She wants to go to the White House Restaurant tonight. For some reason I dread doing this as well. I would rather have a quiet meal at home. I don’t feel like getting out today. We always get the exact same thing every time. She gets baked shrimp and I get a ribeye steak. They never do cook my steak right and it is always over done. Maybe tonight I will try the fried seafood platter. Some nice fried oysters and scallops sound good to me right now. We live close enough to the Gulf of Mexico that fresh seafood is readily available.

Well, I am now going to drag my sorry ass into the shower and get cleaned up. I even dread doing that, especially shaving. I don’t know what has gotten into me today. I just wish these butterflies in the pit of my stomach would go away. I hate feeling like this.

No comments: