Sunday, July 10, 2005

History in the Making

Well, it looks as if Dennis is now category 4 and taking a more northerly course. It looks like Pensacola beach is going to get slammed. The rain shield from the hurricane is now about 100 miles south of me and moving closer. It is just about to overtake Columbus Georgia just south of me. I fear this is going to be a storm for the history books.

Ivan last year left us with many trees and limbs down. It took a week for me to cut up all the limbs with a chainsaw and to get the yard back to normal. I had a pile of debris six feet tall by the side of the road for pickup when it was said and done. We will just have to wait and see how far north this will impact us here in east central Alabama.

I will update weather conditions throughout the day as long as I still have power. I lost the internet/cable during Ivan last summer but the power remained on.

Currently, it is overcast with strong gusts of wind. The rain shield and first major outer bands will move over us within the next two hours. The weather will only go downhill from there. More updates to follow…..

No comments: