Friday, July 29, 2005

Intimate Encounters of the Passionate Kind

We met at my brother’s wedding. I will never forget the moment she entered the room of the reception. She was my sister’s best friend during their childhood. I hadn’t seen her in years. Now, she was this grown and voluptuous woman. I almost didn’t recognize her.

My last memory of her had been this frumpy, young teenager listening to the Back Street Boys with my sister in her bedroom. Then, I had no interest in her at all. She said she had this terrible crush on me at that time but I never paid her any attention.

“You look so beautiful,” I said as she walked by. “You look so different.”

“Thanks,” She said as she looked back at me over her shoulder with a smile as she walked towards the band to dance.

I picked up a glass of champagne and took a sip. I watched her from across the room. I could see her catching occasional glimpses at me. We both smiled. I held up my glass towards her and she responded in kind. I was too shy to go over and start up a conversation.

The reception came to a close and everyone said their goodbyes and well wishes to my brother and his new wife. I watched as she walked out of the country club and got in her car. I thought that would be the last time I ever saw or heard from her again.

The next day at work, I was sitting in my office at the computer entering data from our latest research study. I checked my email and there was this enticing message:

I think you are cute. I enjoyed seeing you at the wedding last night. Let’s get together soon.


She had found my email address on the University’s webpage. I emailed her back and we set a date to go out after a few exchanges.

Our date went well. We went to a movie and out to eat. I spared no expense. I drove her home and we sat in her driveway. We kissed intimately and with great passion after a few awkward moments of indecision and silence.

“Well, I need to head on to bed,” She said. “It is getting late and I have to work tomorrow.”

“Let me walk you to the door,” I replied.

I got out of my car and walked around to open her door. We both walked hand in hand to her porch. We embraced and kissed passionately again at the threshold.

“Come on in,” She said as she opened the door and pulled me inside.

We were standing in front of her television in the den as she started to unbutton my shirt. I felt her soft hands reach inside it and embrace me. The feel of her soft, feminine hands on my back was tantalizing.

“I have waited for this a long time,” She said. “I have waited for this ever since we were teenagers.”

“Don’t you think this is too soon?” I asked.

She put her index finger up to my lips and told me to hush then she started to unbutton her shirt. She reached around and let loose her bra. We couldn’t undress fast enough between bouts of passionate kissing.

I will leave the rest up to your imaginations. I ended up married to this woman a few months later. It was a whirlwind of a relationship. We had many grand times and sad times as well. Those first few months of passionate bliss should be the ones I try to remember the most. I enjoyed reminiscing over them tonight and putting this one down on digital “paper”.

No comments: