Wednesday, April 12, 2006

34 Chapters in this Book Called Life

I didn’t tell Sherman that is was my birthday this morning when I saw him. I knew he would just use it as an excuse to get rip roaring drunk and to try and entice me into doing the same. It would be very tempting to do so. This abstinence thing sucks. I could really use a drink these days. I miss me and Sherman’s little forays into shooting the shit as we drink beer and smoke cigarillos.

My ideal birthday gift would be a two or three day camping trip with a fifth of Southern Comfort and lots of good camp food. I do think I will go camping this weekend in celebration. The weather here is just too gorgeous not to take advantage of it.

My father wanted to make a big fuss of my birthday and take us all down to what he calls the honky tonk. The honky tonk is this 50’s style gas station converted into a posh expensive restaurant. They have delicious food and it is so popular that you always have to wait at least an hour to be seated as they don’t do reservations. I just didn’t want to deal with all that tonight and want a quiet evening with friends and family at my parent’s house. We are going to order pizzas and have cake and ice cream. That is much more my style.

No comments: