Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Green Wave of Growth

Spring has just seemingly exploded upon the scene here. After yesterdays dismal weather, it has been so nice to step outside this morning and breathe in the cool, brisk spring air and feel the warmth of sunshine. An occasional butterfly will flutter by and make me smile. I have lived for months to view these scenes out in my backyard after a long winter. This is truly my time of year.

I ended up eating supper with my parent’s last night. Dad gave me a surprise call and asked me if I wanted to come and eat. He had been to Whit’s Chik and got some fried chicken, steak fries, slaw, and rolls. It was delicious. We both agreed that anybody would have to be a fool to go to Kentucky Fried Chicken when so much better fried chicken was just down the road from it. We both like to frequent the family owned businesses and eateries.

Afterwards, I, mom, and dad sat in the den looking at old family photo albums. We found one picture of me smiling and looking so content as a very young child. I jokingly said, “That was the highpoint of my life. It went downhill from there.” We all got a big laugh out of that and dad agreed. I did look so happy and content. Oh, how I wish I could go back and relish those childhood years knowing of the dark times of young adulthood that would follow and the onset of my mental illness.

No comments: