Friday, April 14, 2006

All Tied Up

We have such awesome weather in store for us today. The predicted high is supposed to be 86 degrees. Is an early summer going to arrive? I do hope so. The long term forecast predicts really warm weather.

My plans to go camping this weekend have been cancelled though. My sister’s birthday is tomorrow and we are taking her out to eat. I promised dad I wouldn’t miss it. I just dread that very long two and a half hour drive to her home. My sister and I just aren’t very close. We maybe only talk once or twice a year on special occasions. She didn’t even call me or send a card for my birthday which hurt my feelings somewhat. She will not talk to my mother either so I guess I shouldn’t feel too left out.

I was running really late for work this morning. I normally walk to work, but had to drive today I was running so late. I hurriedly clocked in and made my way back to the produce department. I took off my jacket to put on my apron and noticed I had forgotten to put on my tie in my haste to get ready. Things were not going well this morning. I figured one of the higher ups would say something about it, but they never did. I felt as if I were walking around naked without my tie.

Time to get off couldn’t have arrived sooner. Once again, I made my way down to Wanda’s diner for breakfast (I am making an expensive habit out of this). This morning I ordered the fried ham and eggs with grits and toast. The ham was a little too salty for my tastes, but I ate it none the less as I was starving.

No comments: