Sunday, April 09, 2006

End of a Day

What a quiet and restful day today. I spent most of the afternoon sitting on my porch amid the beautiful weather smoking my pipe and reading back issues of Model Railroader. I would happen to pick one of the most expensive hobbies you can find to be interested in though. I am an armchair modeler and participate via my dreams, reading, and viewing photos of other layouts. I will never be able to afford my own little empire nor do I have the space in my new house to build one. My basement would just not be suitable with its dirt floor. I can dream though, can’t I?

I have surprised myself lately by being extremely diligent in taking my medications in pill form. I finally got one of those weekly pill boxes and take the time every Sunday evening to fill it with my medications. I put a post-it note on my computer monitor reminding me to take them and one on the mirror in my bathroom as well. I almost feel normal these days with nary a hint of a symptom other than slight anxiety when I go out in public. I have also lain off alcohol as I have read and heard so much lately that it reduces the efficacy of my medications; a small price to pay for my sanity.

I made the mistake of visiting the homeless guy’s blog that shall not be named a moment ago and read his latest entries. I navigated away with a bad taste in my mouth and a feeling of frustration. He is like a broken record and will always play the victim. He is homeless due to ideology and not circumstance. He will always be homeless it seems. I wrote an extremely long and verbose essay on this matter and just saved it and didn’t publish it. His writings always make me rant away. I felt better after writing it though and getting my ideas down. I know better than to visit his blog as the result is always the same. There are several more deserved authors writing about this issue that shall get my attention from now on.

No comments: