Friday, April 07, 2006

Dining, Shopping, and Doctors

Egad! What a tiresome day today. Such days drain everything out of me. I returned home to read a good friend had lost a close friend today. It touched me to read his writings and brought a few tears to my eyes as I read. I almost felt like I shouldn’t write this out of respect.

I just have gotten home from the grocery store. I was hoping to see Sherman, but no one had seen him all day. I had to buy some spaghetti noodles for the spaghetti sauce I was defrosting in the fridge that I had frozen. I did see Big S and I warned him of the foul weather on the way.

“I ain’t scared of no storms,” He said.

“Okay man, don’t say I didn’t warn you,” I replied.

Actually, the storm system we are expecting has slowed down considerably and probably won’t hit until overnight some time. I just couldn’t resist messing with Big S. I did see him hobbling across the parking lot at a fast pace for him headed home as I walked out from doing my shopping. It gave me a big chuckle. Yeah, he sure ain’t scared of no storms. *snort*

I and my father did manage to do all our dining, shopping, and the doctor’s office visit. We went to eat at the Western Sizzlin or what my father’s best friend calls the “Fat Farm” due to always numerous obese people gathered around their substantial all-you-can-eat buffet. I got the petite sirloin and dad got the teriyaki chicken. We passed on the scrumptious looking buffet not wanting to fight for a place at the trough.

After lunch, we went shopping for our summer clothes. Click on the picture to the left to enlarge it and see what I bought. I got several nice shirts and two pairs of khaki shorts. I ended up spending far less than what I had expected to spend as Belk was having a really good sale. Dad bought over $300 dollars in clothes and surprised me as he not a big shopper of such things.

Then we headed to my dreaded psychiatrist appointment. I got a big lecture from her about the dangers of consuming alcohol and taking psychiatric medicines. She is probably right and I listened earnestly. We did manage to persuade her into bumping my Risperdal dosage up to 37.5 mg from 25 mg when dad told her I was trying to sleep in my car. Ha! Hopefully that will help.

On the way home, I and dad popped in a Roy D. Mercer CD and listened. Roy D. does prank calls for a radio station in Tulsa, Oklahoma (listen to the police chief prank call on his website for a laugh). It had been sitting in dad’s car since Christmas as he couldn’t figure out how to use his 6-disc CD changer. It was a gift from my Uncle. We both haven’t laughed so hard in all our lives. At one point, dad got to laughing so hard that we had to pull off the side of the interstate. We had a grand time and it will be a memory I will always cherish sharing with my father. I am not kidding when I say we have never shared a laugh together like that.

Well, my water for my noodles is boiling and I must go pop the garlic toast in the oven. Let me go get supper started as I am starving.

No comments: