Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Tale of Two Lives

I do so realize that my father wants what is best for me. I wish I was so simple that I could live that conventional life he has always longed for me. My brother and sister both followed his instructions to the T and went on to be successful doctors. I just could never find my place in life. Living a conventional life such as my father or my siblings just brings this deep amount of despair over me. The tedium of conventional life is just so disparaging. Maybe my lot in life is to be that verbose wino on the street corner holding that sign that reads, “Need money for beer, hookers, and weed. Hey, at least I ain’t bullshittin’ you.” I probably need to go pitch my tent upon my old homeless stomping grounds and disappear as one of those invisible statistics you read about, but rarely encounter on a daily basis. I want that deliberate life that Ferret is leading these days.

No comments: