Saturday, April 15, 2006

Light Blogging Today

I had a short encounter with Sherman this morning. He told me Ferret is sleeping in a tent in the woods by the river. How in the hell Ferret managed to get a tent I do not know. At least he has some form of shelter. Ferret also got his food stamp EBT card so he has plenty to eat at the moment Sherman said. I would actually enjoy sleeping in a tent down by the river, but I doubt Ferret feels the same way. I wonder how the much vaunted everyman of homelessness “The Homeless Guy” would fare in Ferret’s shoes without the trappings of the charities that support him. He would probably crumble under the lack of free internet access to spew his daily pro-homeless propaganda.

I asked Sherman when was the last time he had sobered up. He laughed and said it was sometime in the 1970s. Sherman never fails to crack me up. Of course, he was exaggerating. I have seen him sober on quite a few occasions. I strongly urged him once again to make that call to find out his court date for his driving under the influence charge. I fear it may have already passed and they have issued a bench warrant for his arrest. He is afraid of going to jail and is avoiding the whole issue. One traffic stop and he would be seriously fucked. The decrepit Sherman mobile just screams, “Pull me over!” to a cop. Every time Sherman drives he is rolling the dice and he is dependent upon his car for his income.

I have a long drive ahead of me today traveling upstate. My parental units offered for me to ride with them, but they are staying overnight in a hotel room. I would rather come on home after my sister’s birthday meal and sleep in my own bed tonight. That will make for a total of five hours drive time today. Ever since my long haul truck driving days, I abhor long mileage trips such as these. I don’t particularly relish driving and can’t see worth a shit to drive at night these days. Well, let me get off my duff and get this journey over with.

No comments: