Sunday, May 11, 2008

.:A Day for Mothers...

It is 2 PM on a Sunday afternoon.  Mother's day.  Dad has just cooked a big pot of homemade spaghetti sauce.  Within minutes, we are sitting around the kitchen table eating spaghetti, garlic bread, and salads while we talk and laugh.  It is so delicious.  I cherish these moments with my family.  It feels so wholesome and good -- the things good memories are made of.

Woke late this morning and reluctantly.  I had aspirations of catching morning trains down at the rail yard.  I ended up eating a breakfast of Frosted Flakes cereal and bananas and sleeping in.

The days are getting so long!  It doesn't get dark till almost 9 PM.  It is spring and it is spectacular outside.  I, too, find myself counting down the hours till sunset though.  Sleep is my only respite from life and I welcome it.  Being able to dream of winning lotteries and eating at posh restaurants is a frequent trend.  Most years I have longed for Spring, the same as everyone does, and can’t wait for the longer days, all this magical light, lasting into the evenings.

11 comments:

AlabamaGal said...

I woke up late today. Cornflakes and bananas are the best, as well as homemade spaghetti sauce,spaghetti and garlic bread with salad. Yum.

The lottery, what things could be done with that much money. I don't remember my dreams lately but I am sure good food would be in my dreams as well. :P I do like good food.

Have a good evening and enjoy this beautiful weather and the outdoors!

-M

justLacey said...

Oh Andrew, it is so hot here already. I do enjoy the longer days as well, but sometimes they are just too long! I'm glad you had an enjoyable dinner with your mom and dad. You are right that those are the times we should cherish.

Leann said...

Enjoy the time with your family Andrew as you never know how many hours we each have left. I would give ANYTHING to have parents who are like yours. I have not had a father for many years and my Mom lives much too far away.

Sounds like the days are perfect for those long walks you used to love. Perhaps working off those Big Macs? LOLOL

Enjoy!!

simonsays said...

It sounds like you have had a pretty good weekend Andrew...I love spaghetti, and even Frosted Flakes...I love anything I didn't have to cook...

Have a good week ahead.

Hugs.

:)

CJM-R said...

Thanks for stopping by today, as your comments mean a lot to me as well.

Nothing like sitting around the table with family. It is the best!

I just love the longer days... the light makes me feel so much better.

jrlmx2 said...

Andrew, your blog posts are anything but boring. Appreciating the simple beauty of a flower like you wrote about Friday - that's what life is all about! Taking time to smell the "roses" ... more people should enjoy life like you do. God bless you big today!

Mike said...

Hi Andrew,
I'm glad you had a good dinner with your family. Family is so important, and you are wise to cherish your moments together.

Take care!

:)

Kelly Jene said...

I'm glad you had fun with your family. The days are getting longer... it seems almost like it's happening sooner then usual, but jeez it's almost June already so it makes sense.

Tee said...

Sounds like you had and enjoyable time with your family. It's always good to honor our Moms. I love, love, love the longer days! That the best thing about summer. The short days of winter depress me. I'm off the walk this morning.

Cheryl said...

It's been raining non-stop since yesterday afternoon, with no end in sight. Cold, windy and rainy is the start of this week.

I'm glad you got to share a yummy meal with your folks. I'd love some home made spaghetti...maybe it's time to make that spaghetti pie again.

Happy Monday, Andrew. I hope today finds you happy, and anxiety-free.

Portia said...

What a nice time with your family. Those are the moments for sure. I hope you slept well and have a good day today:)