Saturday, May 03, 2008

The Worst Food in America: Outback Steakhouse Aussie Cheese Fries at 2,900 Calories

I'm a big fan of Outback steakhouses.  Their Rockhampton Ribeye is to die for.  I knew it was bad for me, though.  This article came as no surprise to me. 

"Men's Health identified one food item that will fill all your calories needs not only for the day but for a few days. It is right named the "No.1 Worst Food in America."In their article, Men’s Health names “Outback Steakhouse Aussie Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing” as the No. 1 Worst Food in America. Aussie Cheese Fries has a massive 2,900 calories, 182 grams fat and 240g carbs. "

Article from Digital Journal...

13 comments:

CJM-R said...

I think that they should just take it off of the menu. They shouldn't tempt people. It is good you are getting the word out.

Glad you are feeling calm, you deserve to feel at peace.

Have a good weekend!
Lena

Kyrie said...

Yuck! People eat that?
Hope u having something much nicer this afternoon!
I changed my blogger name for fun so had to post it like this :)

amelia said...

Ooooooo.... but I bet they taste good!!

Kevin said...

i'm personally of the belief that as long as you don't eat bad every day you can indulge once in a while :)

hope your day is calm Andrew

ac said...

My jeans got a little tighter just looking at the picture.

Jessica said...

That's a lot of food...I saw this article last week. Pretty sad...what disturbed me most was the sodium content. Yuck.

Cathy said...

I am so glad to see you reading and posting articles on healthy eating--now that's a change for the better!

M said...

i'm sorry but that just looks gross. now, if you like that kind of thing, who cares about the freaking calories? go for a few extra walks. eat less the next day. it's all about balance. (altho i suppose it is hard to balance 2300 calories...you might have to starve for a couple of days.)

simonsays said...

Damn the man...I love these too! But I only eat a couple, we only order them when we have a crowd..I suppose moderation is the key, but damn, wouldn't it be wonderful to eat any thing we want, any time at all?

Dreams, I know.

Happy Saturday night my friend.

:)

Dawtch said...

Oh but they are YUMMMMMY! I guess it's a good thing I'm female, hence I don't read Men's Health...*grin*
bb
dawtch

mago said...

Where's the problem? *Crunch*

Rex Venom said...

Shhhhhhit!
Thanks! Haha!
NOW I can't think of anything else but getting some of them Bad But Good fries!
Time to get Fat!
Rock on!

Leann said...

Not if you share them with like.....10 people...lol