Wednesday, May 07, 2008

.:Good Group of Ladies...

We have such a kind bunch of ladies at work.  I was struggling today and Veronica got worried about me.

"You sure you are okay?" she would ask poking her head in my office door.

"Yeah, I am fine," I replied with a weak smile.

I am unsure how much they all know about my mental illness.  They are all aware that I am on psychiatric medications.  I try not to think about it too much. 

I spent most of today finishing organizing my office.  I can be kind of neat freak and like an orderly working space.  Some of the employees often use my computer during the day and will leave a mess. 

"You sure you are okay?" Veronica asked one more time.

"Nothing a little rest won't cure," I replied.

She smiled warmly, patted me on the shoulder, and walked back to the front to continue helping with filling prescriptions. 

5 comments:

Kelly Jene said...

I'm glad you are surrounded by kindness. It's an unusual thing nowadays. Big hugs!

justLacey said...

Kelly is right. See, you are making friends. It just takes time. I wouldn't worry too much about how much they know or don't. For me it's always easier just to tell it all and not have any secrets. Life is much simpler.

impromptublogger said...

Actually they probably know more about you than they're letting on - especially if these ladies have been working for your Dad for a while. They are just being polite Southern ladies who pretend that they know nothing... ;-)

I hope you start feeling better very soon.

Rene' Morris said...

They probably do know but they have a good way of thinking. We all need to change the way we think about any illness or defect. It's there, but it doesn't define who you are. Bottom line, you're a great person, you have an illness and you are being responsible about it. I admire you for that.

Grof said...

Look What I Found...Preview These Gorgeous Beauties ... CLICK HERE