Tuesday, May 06, 2008

.:Miasma...

I saw him walking up to me.  Ragged jeans with holes in the knees.  A flannel shirt hanging loosely on his skinny frame.  The look of a thousand years in his eyes.  He looked so old today.  It was Ferret. 

I had just driven to the shopping center to get a gallon of milk from money Mom had given me.  I was walking back out when Ferret caught me.

"Have you got five bucks?" he asked upon shaking my hand.

"Sorry man.  I just spent it," I replied.

He looked so tired like he needed to rest.  He was breathing heavily and labored. He was gone as soon as he arrived on a quest for money.  Was it for beer?  Was it for mouthwash?  Who knows!  I wish there was something I could do for my friend.  To release him from the miasma that is his life.  I could only hope.  I realized I was looking at my Doppelganger from a few years ago -- the walking dead.  It is good to be back in the land of the living!

7 comments:

Brad said...

Wishing you peace brother.

mosiacmind said...

i hope andrew that you have a really good day. i meant to mention about the benedryl perhaps causing the panic attacks or at least makking them worse but thoght about it after pipe tobacco mentioned it.

jrlmx2 said...

still so proud of you Andrew. you've come a long way, baby.

stellablue said...

Hi! I just wanted to add about the panic attacks and Benadryl...I looked up the effects of Benadryl overdose on drugs.com...check it out

Symptoms of a Benadryl overdose include extreme sleepiness, confusion, weakness, ringing in the ears, blurred vision, large pupils, dry mouth, flushing, fever, shaking, insomnia, hallucinations, and possibly seizures.

Be careful about taking large amounts! I think thats whats causing your problems too!

Stellaky

Judy said...

powerfull post. I am so glad you rose above that way of life!! Poor Ferret.

Kelly Jene said...

You've come so far. I'm proud of you.

Grof said...

Look What I Found...Preview These Gorgeous Beauties ... CLICK HERE