Thursday, May 15, 2008

Witch's Cauldron...

I have a big pot of titillating beef stew bubbling away like a witch's cauldron on the stove this morning. My house smells wonderful. I made enough to feed an army and will freeze most of it. Also, today I am making a pan of cornbread like my mother always made it. You heat the oil in an iron skillet till it is smoking and pour in the cornbread batter. It fries and makes a crunchy crust on the outside.

This morning was my injection and that was routine. Tim, one of my fellow employees, picked me up and took me. I don't feel well enough to drive lately. I managed to talk Dad into giving me a little money for breakfast this morning. I ate up at Sarah Jay's getting the big breakfast platter with scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage, buttery grits, and orange juice.

11 comments:

kristi said...

I hope you are feeling better today. And remember nobody's life is perfect!

Sharyna said...

Did you make your 11am Dr's appt? Are you feeling the least bit better/

sharyna

mosiacmind said...

Wow does what your are cookling sounds so good and also your breakfast also...I am glad that you got to the doctor to get your shot...were you able to talk to the doctor or was this just to get your shot. i hope that you feel better and more yourself and less panic attacks soon........

Jenn said...

Glad to see you're hanging in!

jrlmx2 said...

nice to see you back, Andrew. missed you...... feel better and be blessed today.

Tee said...

That meal sound wonderful!!! That is the perfect way to make cornbread. Getting that iron skillet smoking hot and then pouring the batter in, I might have to make me some. The rain has cooled things off here is GA and that stew would be perfect. Hope you are feeling better after getting your injection today.

ellesu said...

Yes indeed. That's the only way to make cornbread. Now....do you use sugar? I don't, but I certainly eat it both ways. Hope you're feeling better and hope you're not getting the deluge we went through here in south Louisiana.

Summer said...

Are you feeling better?
Was the cornbread good? Sugar or no sugar?

I don't feel like blogging either these days.

Le Fleur said...

Looks good to me :)

I hope you feel better today, luv, we all strive off our own drama and use our blogs to vent sometimes. At least that's what I think.

*hugs*

Cheryl said...

I love beef stew, especially PW's. I wish I had some right now, morning or not. I've never ever made a good cornbread, btw.

I hope you're feeling much better now that you've had your shot. I know you usually do.

Is it raining in your part of the world?

forsythia said...

At last! The secret to crunchy cornbread revealed. Thank you!