Saturday, May 24, 2008

Noontime AA...

I went to another noontime AA meeting.  It was so great seeing familiar faces and hearing familiar sayings.   I should have been going to these meetings all along. 

Wanda was there again.  I find myself drawn to her like a familiar old blanket to soothe and comfort.  We talked a long time after the meeting about our lives and where we want to go.   She is a nurse and stays busy these days.  I, on the other hand, have far too much time on my hands.  I jokingly told her I would trade with her any day.  She hugged my neck and said, "hang in there, kiddo." 

2 comments:

mosiacmind said...

I am happy for you that you know someone who you like and can have conversations with at the meetings that you go to...and by the way you are doing GREAT with staying sober....good going friend...i KNOW it is not easy

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad you went to the meeting where there's other souls to mingle with :)