Wednesday, May 07, 2008

A Good Day Dawns...

Another enjoyable morning was spent down at the railyard.  I walked far down the tracks to the bridge spanning the Chattahoochee river.  The smell of the river water was acrid as they were generating electricity up at the dam.  This bridge was built in the 1920s and it's starting to look decrepit.  I tried to imagine all the countless tons of train that have gone before me over this bridge.

I left the tracks and walked over to Rodger's Barbeque.  Some of you may remember I used to have a tab at this restaurant.  I still had $14 dollars left on my tab.  I got a pound of barbeque and a pint of Brunswick stew.  I walked back over to the bank to sit and eat.  The day was just gorgeous.  Warm breezes and bright blue skies.

I had left my bike chained up at the shopping center on one of the posts out front.  I crossed my fingers it would still be there and it was.  I climbed aboard and headed home.   

4 comments:

C.A. said...

Andrew, what is Brunswick Stew?

justLacey said...

Sounds like a nice day.

mosiacmind said...

I thuoght that your day sounded like a really nice day. I forget when it is because I was half asleep and half awake but I heard someone saying that National Railroas or Trains day is going to be soon..Have you heard about that? I hope that you have a good evening

Cheryl said...

I fondly remember your meals at Rodger's. You used to post pictures. Any chance you could get your tab re-established? It might be nice to share a meal with Ferret there.

Sounds like a good day!