Sunday, May 18, 2008

Destiny at McDonald's...

My wonderful mother and I went for breakfast this morning.  It was a weird, haphazard morning culminating with Maggie peeing on the bed.  My poor little sweetheart.  I cleaned it up and washed my sheets and comforters.  That is something she has never done before.  It worried me.  I worried she was getting sick. 

Mom decided on McDonald's for breakfast.  We both got two sausage biscuits and a hash brown w/orange juice.  I was just thrilled to be spending time with her.

"I checked our email last night," she told me as we sat and ate.  She was just beaming with pride.

"Who emailed?" I asked as I was putting mustard on a sausage biscuit. 

"Jennifer sent a picture of the baby," she replied.

"See?" I said. "You will be using that computer like second hand before you know it."

You could visibly see Mom ruffle her feathers in pride she was so proud of doing that.  I know the feeling and felt the same the first time I built my very own computer from parts.

We drove around for about 30 minutes after breakfast.  Mom wanted to see the houses in a newly developed neighborhood.   I indulged her.  Gargantuan houses greeted us with most likely equally large price tags.  I could only dream of large basements for a model railroad empire to adorn.  I love my little house, by the way.  And wouldn't trade it for anything. 

I took Mom home and got some extra Tylenol and aspirin.  Dad is convinced I can get high off of Tylenol so they only let me have a few a day.  LOL!  You can't get high off of Tylenol, by the way.  I can't help but be good natured and laugh.  My crazy family.  

9 comments:

Sharyna said...

I'm always happy when you and your mother spend time together. I like your mother. Soon, I see her blogging! Is Maggie ok?

sharyna

Tee said...

Great family time with your Mom.

If Maggie has another "accident" you might want to take her to the vet. She could have a urinary tract infection. Get her check out.

As for the Tylenol, it's toxic in large quantities. My cousin died from a Tylenol overdose so don't poo poo your Dad's concern for taking too many Tylenol or asprin.

justLacey said...

I can't even get rid of a headache with Tylenol or Motrin. Parents are always weird in some way, yours are no different. I am glad you enjoyed the time you spent with your mom. I love to look at those big houses and wish sometimes I had one, but then I think about what it would be like to have to clean it.

Cheryl said...

From what you wrote, sounds like it was a good Sunday, especially the time spent with your mom. Do you think she would blog?

I hope Maggie's accident was just a weird, one-time thing. Strange, huh?

How's your tooth? Any better?

CRUSTYBEEF said...

How's Maggie doing today? I hope better! Maybe she was just so involved in a marvelous dream that by the time she woke, she couldn't make it ontime!

Hope she's okay!
Always,
Elizabeth

wstaple said...

Ah, yes, a basement for a model train layout. That's what I'd like to have one day!

Leann said...

He's right in that you cannot get high on Tylenol, however you can overdose on it, so be careful how much you take.

Maggie....get her to a vet if it continues to happen. She could have an infection.

Natalie said...

I haven't read your blog in a long time, but I figure I should ask- is Maggie on Prednisone for anything? Because when my dog takes PRednisone for an ear infection or extreme itching, she drinks water like crazy and inevitably has a tinkle accident in the bed...

kathyj333 said...

When dogs become excited, they pee. Sometimes it's because they are nervous. If there was a lot of weirdness going on, she may have sensed it and just needed to mark her spot.