Thursday, May 29, 2008

What's Next?

Okay, so I joined Second Life by downloading the client and creating an account.  The Homeless Guy spends all his days in-world and I am infatuated with the guy.  I search for his name, Rez Messing, and add him as a friend.  He accepts much to my very own shock.  But what do you do?  It seems to be a glorified chat client.  And what would buying land with real dollars do for me?  The world is so big that it is easy to get lost.  I am completely lost already.  I seem to be stuck in the Badlands of Second Life. 

The Homeless Guy has started an in-world group to create avenues of communication for homeless people.  I joined, but excuse me?  How would some virtual world ever help homeless people who are sleeping on the streets and eating in soup kitchens in the real world?  I still say The Homeless Guy should spend his days volunteering at the Rescue Mission if he truly wanted to help the homeless.  

If by some odd chance you join and enter the world, my in-game name is OrionsStar Andrew.   Maybe together we can figure out what this game is about. 

4 comments:

CJM-R said...

Oh dear, those I know involved in Second Life become so addicted...

Hope you still have time to blog!! LOL

Chandira said...

I have deliberately avoided 2nd life, although I am a bit intrigued, I have enough trouble having time for all the things in this one! ;-)

Kevin said...

blah second life. try something more interesting. try age of conan man. now that's a game!

Ryan. said...

I tried Second Life, but it wasn't my thing. Funnily enough, it finished uninstalling while your blog was loading. Ah well....