Monday, March 23, 2009

Cotton, love them whites...

"Why did Maggie just run by with your sock in her mouth?" dad asked me last night during our medication ritual.

"She loves socks," I told him. "She has a love affair with pearly white cotton."

Dad just laughed and laughed.  We walked outside and picked up two pairs of my socks.  Maggie was guarding the third pair.

"It causes me to have to wash a lot of socks," I told dad.

"I bet so," he replied.

This morning I put on the new pair of clean socks.  Maggie watched me intently and got off the bed to sniff them.  They have to be broken in and worn for her to like them.  All in the day's life of a little scruffy looking mutt in the Valley.  A mutt with a penchant for cotton.

4 comments:

alias Molly Brown said...

No, Maggie is not having the love affair with socks....it is YOU...she loves you and YOUR scent.

Kathy said...

It is your scent she loves, Andrew!

The Hyperlexian Aspie said...

i had a puppy who loved to chew socks. she'd pull them right off our feet - very carefully to avoid biting our toes. it tickled!

Summer said...

It makes me laugh every time I think of that video you posted of her running in the back yard with your socks.