Thursday, March 05, 2009

Expeditions for Mental Health...

It was injection time this morning.  The past two days have been shaky. Tim picked me up around 9 AM.

"You ready for the biggest needle I have ever seen?" he asked me smiling.

"It doesn't bother me," I replied with much machismo. 

"I certainly wouldn't want someone sticking me in the ass with one of those things," Tim said said of my Risperdal Consta.

I laughed.

We talked about old muscle cars on the drive down.  A subject I know a lot about.  Tim's first car was a Plymouth Satellite.  My first car was a '72 Chevelle 350 SS.  I told Time if I ever became rich, I was going to have a Chevelle convertible restored.     

6 comments:

Portia said...

You like working on cars right? What a great project that Chevelle would be! I suppose for those of us who are not rich a restoration process would be slow going but it would be fun to tinker with. I hope you are feeling better now, and you & Maggie have an enjoyable day ahead!

Portia said...

just poking around the chevelles and i see what you mean- in good shape or restored they can be a pretty penny. nice pick btw, sure would be fun.

becomingkate said...

I had a Satellite! In 1985. Blew the motor out of it doing 125 mph in the Rockies. Wow! Thanks for reminding me. I could never remember the name of it...

happyone said...

Oh they were NICE cars. I loved them in red!!

Cheryl said...

It seems like the few days before your shot are hard for you. Any chance of getting it early? I don't know if I'd ever get used to that big needle! Is your bottom toughening up? LOL :)

Summer said...

Hey Sugah. My youngest son and I have a love for old muscle cars. Nothing like the sound of those engines. I hope you're feeling good tonight. What's Helen making for dinner tomorrow?