Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Midnight Burger with Rainman...

I have weird sleeping habits sometimes.  Right now, I have Charlie's son staying with me while his wife and him went on a business related trip.  I was debating at midnight if Randall would be okay for about 30 minutes while I went on a burger run. 

(OH MY GAWD! BURGER TIME! NOM NOM NOM NOM!)

Randal is autistic and has interesting habits like me.  He only sleeps in the day and stays up all night with his plush toys while watching videos and DVDs of Veggie Tales.  Randal is a year older than me.

"Would you like a burger?" I asked Randal before leaving.

"I WILL EAT A BURGER!" he said very loudly.

My path to the dark side was complete and I was taking my young Padawan with me. 

****

Today is my injection.  I hope my usual nurse is back from maternity leave.  I am sure Crystal is tired of seeing that huge black scorpion tattoo on my right butt cheek (just kidding).

9 comments:

Jenn said...

So was he ok by himself? That must be hard for his parents, it was nice of you to do this.

impromptublogger said...

Good karma is coming your way for helping out with this. My late BFF has a severely autistic son and I know how rough that is and what a toll and stress it is on the family.

No wonder Charlie is such an angel with you, having to deal with Randall.

Kathy said...

What a sweet thing for you to do --watching the son. Did you leave him or take you with him?

becomingkate said...

I really liked the character on Boston Legal that had autism(Asberger's)
I know this sounds strange, but I think our dog has Asberger's too.
What kind of burger? I like Burger King.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Leann said...

Don't you just love it when someone else helps you to be 'bad'?

I'm The Momma, That's Why! said...

So what part were just just kidding about? Is it a little black scorpion on your left butt cheek? Or maybe a pink spider on your hip? Or "MoM" on your chest?

I have a friend who's really girly daughter joined the Marines (Yeah, I know) - she called her mom to warn her that she got a little tatoo on her ankle. Her first visit home, we were all anxious to see this cute little ankle tatoo.

It was a bulldog with a knife dripping blood that ran from her knee to her ankle!! In full color!! About as wide as your hand! So much for her sweet little girl!

Glad to hear you sounding so good, Sir Andrew!

Grannie

Kevin said...

ha, well sounds like you had a good time. i know i get strange cravings at odd hours myself.

The Hyperlexian Aspie said...

i've often thought you and i have some similarities in our proclivities and habits, and i have asperger syndrome. so there you go...

Cheryl said...

You're funny. My mouth made a big "0" about the tattoo, till I read the 'just kidding'!