Monday, March 02, 2009

What a difference a weekend makes...

"How did you like your supper Friday?" Helen asked me as I standing next to mom's bed this morning. 

"I loved it," I replied. "I was worried about you, though."

Friday Helen cooked Salmon patties, mashed potato and onion croquettes, English peas, and biscuits. 

Helen was like a different person today compared to last Friday.

Driving over to mom's and dad's wasn't that bad this morning.  My all-wheel-drive only kicked in once to get me up a snowy hill.  I had to call dad this morning and remind him his Honda was all-wheel-drive as well.

"Does my BMW have 4-wheel-drive?" dad asked me.

That tickled my funny bone for some reason. Dad didn't even know that about his new car.

"Yes," I said. "It does."

4 comments:

Summer said...

I hope Helen is feeling ok today.

josie2shoes said...

Its so good that you still got out and went for a drive this AM, Andrew! Sounds like your mechanical knowledge came in handy! It is funny that your dad doesn't know that about his own cars. Nice he can depend on you!

Leann said...

It's nice to hear you got the snow you were so excited about.

(M)ary said...

see. your dad needs you! he needs someone with a practical mind about cars.