Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What does this button do?

It was a short drive down the interstate to my doctor's office.  I am enamored with dad's car and try all the bells and whistles. 

"Watch this!" dad said with a sly grin.

We were soon going 100 mph.

"I told you she can fly like a bat out of hell," dad said.

My doctor welcomed me into his office.  I call him Kermit as he does look and talk like Kermit the frog. 

"So, how are you and what have you been doing lately?" he asked.

"I've started walking now," I told him.

You could see a glimmer in his eye as he is very trim and fit; very exercise conscious. 

"Walking releases endorphins and helps you to feel better.  Blah, blah, blah," my doctor told me.

We talked a long time about my anxiety attacks.  I want a cure and to just not maintain them with medications.

"We will continue to work on it," my doctor told me. 

These visits wear me out so it was good to be headed home.  I don't have to see him again for 2 months.   

7 comments:

Leann said...

I hope they help you find some resolution to the panic attacks Andrew.

forsythia said...

You know, I haven't seen Kermit the Frog on TV for years. Are you sure your doctor isn't really Kermit the Frog?

becomingkate said...

I have tried using natural foods to help my moods, particularly oones that affect my dopamine levels. Here's a link to some reading on it:


foods that increase dopamine

Kathy said...

The exercise really does help!

Tammi said...

They DO say excercise helps...but SHEESH! I can't get past the dang limping part,the next morning.LOL
Once I feel the burn,I give up.So I guess I'm no help,huh?
I also have stress big time...I've tryed almost every pill there is.
Only one has worked for me,but people freak when you say the word Xanax.
UuGH!

Eric said...

Andrew, reading your posts these days highlight how far you've come. You appear more in charge of your life, more committed to improving yourself and more successful. Keep it up! And I want a doctor that looks like Kermit, mine reminds me of Michael J. Fox when he was on Scrubs.

www,goinggreenaccidently.blogspot.com

Summer said...

Just stopping by to say Hey Handsome! and... what did Helen whip up for dinner tonight?