Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dog Mind Probes...

Maggie and I have been going for our walk pretty early.  My clock has reset while Maggie's has not.  I awoke to a dog licking my hand this morning.  I opened one eye to see Maggie vigorously wagging her tail sitting in the floor by my bed.

"Is it that time already?" I asked sleepily. 

Maggie wagged her tail even harder as if she possessed some alien mind probe dog powers.

The first thing I noticed on our walk this morning was a half moon hanging beautifully to the east.  "See what you would be missing if you slept?" I asked myself. 

Coughing and choking we made our way past the elementary school on Gilmer Avenue.  "Bah, School!" I thought.  School was a torture to me growing up.  A mindless medium of conformity hell that has left me scarred as an adult.  Dad has asked me often over the years what he and mom could have done for me as a child to have made my childhood better and more pleasant.  "Send me to a non orthodox school for special and artsy children," I told him. 

I noticed a chill in the air this morning.  Old Man Winter is hanging on and refusing to give way for Spring.  It must have been forty degrees as I walked. 

Now? I'm home and Maggie is already asleep on the couch.  It is time to go back to bed for a few hours till the sun is up and I start another day.  Oh, I hope it is a glorious warm and sunny day.

6 comments:

justLacey said...

Well Spring has certainly come to your blog. That was a truly pleasant surprise this morning.

Rabbi Lars Shalom said...

AGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH DOGS ARE SICKCCCCCCCCCC

Portia said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Leann said...

It is always nice to walk when most of the world is still asleep. It makes you feel as if you alone are enjoying the sights and sounds.

Enjoy the day Andrew. It looks to be a really nice one here.

Lena said...

Thanks for sharing the spring pictures. I love to see them.

Schools need an overhaul so that kids who are artsy and don't follow the crowd can have a place to be nurtured and thrive. I can picture you in that type of setting.

I would love to run that type of school.

Kathy said...

You certainly seem to be enjoying your walks! I'm glad you also get to share them with Maggie.
School years were painful for a lot of us. I agree with Lena.